Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Campers

So it's been a couple of weeks but I've been doing who knows what and not updating this.... Here goes...

Our Ward Campout was held in July and was pretty close to where we live so we thought we would venture it. It turned out to be lots of fun and the kids were both great. Here are the pictures of all the fun times.

This is all of us on the way there.


This is the scenery on the way. You gotta love Idaho!

We were right on the water and Max was in heaven! That boy is part fish...
THE ROPE SWING.... It has a story.... I found Max here after a few minutes of searching. He was patiently waiting in line as I was talking to the other parents there. I mentioned that I hoped he could hold on alright only to find out that he had already gone TWICE and was quite good. I was shocked! What a responsible Mom I am.... but he had a great time. Blisters and all!


We finally made it to bed around 11:30 or so. Alaina slept great, Max was freezing and had to go potty about 50 times or so. She woke up super happy around 7 and Max slept and slept.

Scott and Alaina
The view from our tent. It was beautiful. I loved camping there, it was grassy not much dirt!
Max got in trouble before bed and so his punishment was no rope swing in the morning. We were watching him all morning and he was great. He was watching the kids and laughing and having fun but stayed off the swing. So when he walked up to us like this we were a little curious. Apparently he was the rope catcher and one little girl was out and didn't quite make it back in the first swing. When she came back on the second one he tried to catch her. I'm sure you can see the problem. She's 9, I think, and not much bigger but to big for him to catch. He got her and it carried him out into the water where he let go and she kept going out. The water wasn't deep but rocky so he was a little scratched up and then when she came back by him he got kicked in the head. Poor little hero.... He was so sweet to her. He came to tell us and he was so upset because he thought that we would think that he was swinging. About 5 people saw and told us what happened. It was so cute. And no he didn't get in trouble. He was so brave he go to go swing before we left.
All in all we had a great time and hope to go camping again some time soon!

5 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Wow! What fun, brave parents you are. I never took babies camping. Max is a gem- what an obedient boy. I love all the pictures and stories you share. Wish we could go camping with you. :)

Tolmans said...

I love that kid!!! But you need to check you first paragraph... not much sense is made there Heather!!.... ?

Audrey said...

Yay for camping!! I love taking my girls camping even though they are always the DIRTIEST kids around. But they have a wonderful time, and that's the important thing!

Melissa Snyder said...

I sure wish we could have made it to the ward campout. We heard lots about it. I am glad that your kids did well too, that makes all the difference.
By the way, thanks for going to the Father/Son's baseball game last weekend. My son thought that was just the best day.

Mama Williams said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog.