Monday, July 7, 2008

Say what?


Our Stake Presidency has sent out a challenge to our stake to go without TV, computer games, video games and such for 4 weeks. Yep, you read it, 4 WEEKS! Can you believe it?!? The point is to read more and spend more time together as a family. Today is day two and we're alright. Going through withdrawals but I keep telling myself that it will be worth it and we will be blessed for accepting the challenge. Right? RIGHT! Today is easy so far, Max has slept all day. But it's tough to entertain a 5 year old all day without a break, for either of us. Let me know if you have any ideas of things to keep Max occupied. Free things:) I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
I obviously have not included the computer for blogging, it's journaling right? Right! Yeah right!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

We have done that before, but Nathan was a lot smaller. He has been playing video games or watching Sponge Bob ALL day every day this summer, so yesterday Sterling and I decided that we are not watching TV or doing anything on the computer from 8 am to 4 p.m. We were trying to limit video games to an hour a day, but it was hard to keep track of. Today was our first day. Nathan had a swimming lesson, then we went to McDonalds and the kids played for an hour after lunch. After that Anthony took a nap and Nathan got out some of his WHAT!@?! TOYS!!!! Just imagine that!!!! Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas. We are going to the free movies tomorrow and then swimming at a friends for free. I had to tell Nathan we are not going to McDonald's every day! Good luck! I think it is definitely a great idea!!!

Melissa Snyder said...

This no t.v. has been rough but we are doing it and it feels good tht we can survive without it. We have been having to put our minds in full swing to come up with creative ideas but we are doing well. I think it was inspired honestly. My parents ward is really struggling with it. People are literally fighting with each other because of it. It has been bad for them.